Something For You
Look on this page for exercises to stimulate new ways of thinking, perceiving, observing or behaving. We change them periodically.
To access prior editions of "Something For You!" page, please click here.
ARTS EXPERIMENTS FOR ENHANCING CREATIVE EXPRESSION
- Make a drawing using three colors to represent different aspects of yourself or your organization. Keep it abstract. Show and tell.
- Compose and perform a song about your situation which is at least four lines long. Find a way to notate it. Perform it. Relate it to your vision or goal.
- Create a dance which expresses a personal feeling state of yours. Notate and perform it. (Alternatively, choreograph something for a small group which represents an ideal work relationship)
- Write a poem in cinquain form (2/4/6/8/2--number of syllables in each line) which expresses a belief or observation about your work.
- Create a fictitious character, an alter ego, and present yourself as that person in an improvised narrative in a relevant setting.
- Create an improvisation based on a dream, fantasy, or unresolved situation.
- Design a ritual for team building with a small group. Apply to family, task force.
- Make a small orchestra out of found objects, compose a piece, perform it.
- Be a stand-up comedian and present the foibles of your career, clients, work life, personal life. Amplify your self-imposed obstacles and big dreams.
- Create an original exercise that you have never done before which involves some type of creative self-expression for use with a work team.